Saturday, August 9, 2014

Getting Started

Call it a quarter life crisis or just growing up, but things are changing in my life. Several of my battle buddies through everything have encouraged me to write down how God is moving in my life, so here we go with the short introductory version of how I got to this point.

I have gone to church as long as I can remember and accepted Christ at a young age. As time went on, I faded away, especially during college and the first couple years on my own. When I moved to Kansas City, MO, I completely stopped going to church for a full year. My believe in God never changed, but I was not living anywhere near how I should.

Through a few small connections, I ended up at a live worship recording at World Revival Church. It was a fun night, but something bigger was stirring. The band recorded a song with the line, "Home, this is home/ where heaven screams through our bones" and it really stuck with me.

Six days later, after a big struggle at work and a couple out of state job applications, I remembered Pastor Steve mentioning Friday night services. I ended up back at WRC for my first church service in about a year. Pastor Kathy preached on listening to what God is calling each of us to be and pursuing it. I knew I needed to be in that church, but my two-job schedule didn't really allow for it. A woman who was sitting in front on me during service prayed that God would open my schedule so I could be there. Sure enough, he came through. My main job changed things around temporarily, which forced me to adjust my availability at the bookstore. It took me a couple weeks to realize that I wasn't working Friday or Saturday nights anymore, but I was freed up to go to services and community nights.

The woman who was sitting in front of me at that first service started introducing me to several other ladies. Spending time with them was amazing. They spoke so much life into me from the beginning, which I didn't realize I was missing. I feel like they were the people I needed in my life and they all fell into place at just the right moment.

This was just the beginning. God has already done so much, and I know there is a lot of big things still to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment